Twenty-four individuals have been selected for Class 45 of the California Agricultural Leadership Program, an advanced leadership development experience for emerging agricultural leaders. The new fellows will be inaugurated on Oct. 16 at Fresno State.
Through dynamic seminars during an intensive 17-month program, fellows will study leadership theory, effective communication, motivation, critical and strategic thinking, change management, emotional intelligence, and complex social and cultural issues.
Seminars are delivered by four partner universities: Cal Poly Pomona, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Fresno State and UC Davis. Fellows will participate in 55 seminar days, including a 10-day national travel seminar and a 15-day international travel seminar.
“The complex challenges facing agriculture and society point to the ongoing need for strong, engaged and visionary leaders who can make a difference,” said Bob Gray, president and CEO of the California Agricultural Leadership Foundation (CALF). “Our newest fellows will use the leadership skills and lessons learned in the program to benefit agriculture, their businesses, organizations and communities.”
CALF invests about $50,000 per fellow to participate in the program, which is underwritten by individual and industry donations. Ag Leadership is considered to be one of the premier leadership development programs in the United States. Since it was first delivered in 1970, more than 1,200 men and women have participated in the program and have become influential leaders and active volunteers in the agriculture industry and other areas.
Class 45 Fellows:
- Derek Azevedo, Gustine, The Morning Star Company
- Correen Davis, Stockton, Gorrill Ranch
- Matthew Efird, Caruthers, Efird Ag Enterprises, Inc.
- Lucas Espericueta, Bakersfield, Farm Credit West
- Rob Goff, Bakersfield, Paramount Farming Company
- Stephanie Gonzales, Firebaugh, Oro Loma Ranch/Ruby Fresh
- Tou Her, Merced, Turlock Irrigation District
- Tyson Heusser, Gridley, DuPont Pioneer
- Chris Jensen, Visalia, Nichols Farms
- Stanley Kjar, Jr., Fresno, Pearson Realty
- Brad Lindemann, Livermore, Taylor Farms
- Cameron Mauritson, Healdsburg, Mauritson Farms
- Jeff Milinovich, Fresno, Central California Packing Company
- Justin Morehead, Fresno, Wells Fargo Bank
- Brian Neufeld, Exeter, Agricare, Inc.
- Lauren Reid, Caruthers, Fred Rau Dairy, Inc.
- Rick Rhody, Yuba City, Sun Valley Rice
- Jane Roberti, Loyalton, Roberti Ranch
- Yvonne Sams, Oakdale, G3 Enterprises, Inc.
- Jason Schwartze, Oceanside, County of San Diego Department of Agriculture, Weights and Measures
- Justin Spellman, Corcoran, J.G. Boswell Company
- Abby Taylor-Silva, Salinas, Grower-Shipper Association of Central California
- Ravi Thiara, Yuba City, Thiara Orchards
- Devon Yurosek, Bakersfield, Yurosek Farms