Georgia Rep. Buddy Carter and other members of Congress met with Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta to discuss recommended changes to regulations regarding the H-2A. The officials outlined seven key areas where they wanted to see regulation reform. Those areas are:
- Streamline the application process and improve operating efficiencies.
- Refine domestic recruitment requirement
- Improve housing availability
- Changes to program eligibility
- Make the wage rate more transparent and predictable
- Provide for mediation and arbitration agreements
- Transportation adjustments
The meeting was closed to the press, but Rep. Carter spoke with us on the phone for comments afterward.
Hear Rep. Carter’s comments: