A new website for northern California producers went live last week with the new Sacramento Valley Orchard Source.
Several cooperative Extension advisors saw the need to get all of their information together in one place to make it easier for the industry to find. Cooperative Extension Farm Advisor Dani Lightle says the central location should be a good one-stop-shop for anyone with northern California orchards to find the information they need.
New Website Resource for Sac Valley Tree Crop Production
From UC ANR: The UC Cooperative Extension orchard crop advisors in the Sacramento Valley are excited to announce the launch of our new website – the Sacramento Valley Orchard Source! This site will bring together the wealth of information we provide in one location, including:
• Timely newsletter articles through our Blog (we’ll continue to send email and hard copies of the whole newsletter for those who prefer it that way).
• Weekly Soil Moisture Loss (ET) Reports for the Northern and Southern Sacramento Valley.
• Pest Catch Reports based on weekly scouting in the Northern Sacramento Valley.
• Crop-specific production and management information for almonds, prunes and walnuts.
• Calendar of area Cooperative Extension meetings & events.
We’ve built this site for you, the growers, PCAs, managers and allied industries. Please let us know what you think so we can continue to improve it. Visit us at http://www.sacvalleyorchards.com/ to check it out!