Growers have the opportunity to learn more about a new irrigation management tool at CASP workshops next week. Sabrina Hill has more.
Listen to the audio story above to hear from Joe Browde of Sure Harvest, about a new online irrigation calculator, and how you can learn more about it at the upcoming workshops.
From The Almond Board:
A three-part series of sustainability workshops, part of the California Almond Sustainability Program (CASP), will bring forth tools, techniques and strategies to assist industry members with meeting current needs and future opportunities.
Series 1: Almond Board Tools to Ease Irrigation and Nitrogen Budgeting and Compliance
- March 15 – Tulare
- Tulare Agri-Center | Conference Dining Room | 4500 S. Laspina St. Tulare, CA 93274
- March 16 – Modesto
- Modesto Junior College Ag Pavilion – ACE 170 | MJC West Campus, Brink Ave. Modesto, CA 95358. Click here to view map.
- March 18 – Chico
- Chico Masonic Center | 1110 W. East Ave. Chico, CA 95926
Topics will include:
- Using CASP online tools to meet your growing needs
- Nitrogen calculator, mapping, irrigation
- Water Use Efficiency in the 22nd Century
- Irrigation scheduling and infrastructure
- Available incentive programs
- SWEEP, NRCS EQIP & CSP, etc.
- Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP) Updates
- Nitrogen management plans, farm evaluation surveys
Workshops begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude by 1:00 p.m. Expert speakers include leadership from Water Quality Coalitions, Water Board, Farm Bureau and USDA NRCS, and Almond Board staff and consultants. All workshops are free to attend and include a complimentary lunch. Attendees are encouraged to bring laptops, tablets or other electronic devices to demo tools onsite. Please RSVP to Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org or .