Topics for first workshops include irrigation, nitrogen budgeting
The Almond Board has several workshops coming up on the topics important to growers. Program Coordinator, Industry Relations Rebecca Baily explains more.
The Almond Board is holding a series of workshops for growers, with the first series the week of March 15. Please bring your laptop or tablet to demo online tools. There will also be an opportunity to complete a CASP self-assessment.
RSVP to Rebecca Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 209-343-3245.
Click here for an informational flyer to print or save.
Series 1: Almond Board Tools to Ease Irrigation and Nitrogen Budgeting and Compliance
Workshops begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude by 1:00 p.m. (lunch complimentary). Expert speakers include farm advisors and Almond Board-funded researchers discussing the following topics:
• Using CASP online tools to meet your growing needs
• Nitrogen calculator, mapping, irrigation
• Water Use Efficiency in the 22nd century
• Irrigation scheduling and infrastructure
• Available incentive programs
• SWEEP, NRCS EQIP & CSP, etc.
• Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP) Updates
• Nitrogen management plans, farm evaluation surveys
4500 S. Laspina St
Conference Dining Room
MJC Ag Pavilion – ACE 170
West Campus, Brink Ave.
Chico Masonic Center
1110 W. East Ave.