Listen to the report:
From the Almond Board:
Several presentations in the upcoming Almond Board of California (ABC) Food Quality and Safety Symposium will address issues related to the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). The 19th annual symposium will be held at Wine & Roses in Lodi on June 22.
Speakers and their subjects at this year’s symposium are:
- Elizabeth Fawell, Hogan Lovells: “FDA’s new approach to facility inspection – what to do before and after they arrive,” and “FSMA’s overview for farms and handlers – what rules apply to you and when do you need to comply”
- Linda Harris, UC Davis: “The 2017 FDA almond risk assessment – what did they find and what does it mean for the California Almond industry?” and “What can the almond industry learn from the recent outbreaks of E. coli in nut flours and butters?”
- Michael Coates, University of So. Australia: “Harvest moisture and drying conditions to minimize concealed damage formation”
- Steve Patton, CDFA: “State of California’s role in FSMA Produce Safety rule implementation”
- David Goldenberg, Western Institute for Food Safety and Security, UC Davis (invited): “FSMA and food defense – are you ready?”
- Tim Birmingham, Almond Board of California: “The grower Produce Safety exemption
For more information, click here.