Springtime brings spring flowers. Today, Cathy Isom tells us all about the spring flowers that will bloom the fastest. That’s coming up on This Land of Ours.
Nothing says Spring like blossoms and flowers. How about these suggestions to help give your garden and flower bed a nice and quick boost.
- Creeping Phlox. Red, white, purple or a mixture of all three. They will cover rocks and less than ideal soils.
- Creeping Myrtle. Also a ground cover, and a tough plant that will hang around for years.
- Snowdrops – these are bulbous plants that will die in the hottest summer days but will return again next spring.
- Crocus and Adonis are also early spring favorites.
- Witch Hazel. A flowering bush known to grow 30 feet tall and half as wide. Works best in the back of beds or corners.
- Magnolias. They will not only spread a wonderful aroma but also grow to be massive blooms.
- Hellebore, Bleeding Heart, and Spring Beauty are other honorable mentions.
Not only will these flowers pop up quickly, but they will attract bees too.
I’m Cathy Isom…